CZ04: Children and Youth at Risk
PA 11: Children and Youth at Risk
1 January 2015 - 30 April 2017
CZE 9.783.174 incl. VAT
EEA Grant: CZE 7.826.539 (80%)
Applicant’s resources: CZE 1.956.635 (20%)
The project is not organised in cooperation with other partners.
First phase of the project "Children and Youth at Risk in the Zlin Region" did focus on analysis of the current situation in the field of Social and Legal protection of Children in the Zlin Region as well as on development of Specific Transformation plans. These have been developed in three selected institutions in the Zlin Region, namely in Dětské centrum Zlín, Kojenecké a dětské centrum Valašské Meziříčí and Dětský domov a Základní škola Liptál. The Transformation plans aim at bed capacity reduction in residential care by 50% while establishing new services.
The second phase of the project aims to set up appropriate material and technical preconditions for effective provision of new services. Each institution is going to develop a detailed description of new services to be established. In response to that, workers are going to be trained to adapt to the new system of care for vulnerable children where new competences are a must.
1. Communication strategy realisation
2. Analysis development
3. Foreign internships realisation
4. Transformation plans for the institutions – development
5. Development of Technical Documentation of Buildings and Facilities
The global aim of the project is to “enhance living conditions of children and youth at risk”.
- Development of complex transformation plans
- Development of services for vulnerable children and families
- Decrease of capacity in residential care institutions for children established by the Zlin Region
- Development of appropriate Material and Technical Preconditions
Project outputs – indicators:
- Implemented Communication strategy – 2
- Decrease of capacity in residential care institutions for children of age 0-3 – min. of 51%
- Number of institutions involved in transformation – 3
- Development of Technical Documentation of Buildings and Facilities - 4
- Description of services to be provides - 3
- professionals currently taking part in or responsible for child and family care;
- staff of residential care institutions;
- staff of Departments for Social and Legal Protection of children and families (municipal and regional level);
- parents, other relatives of children placed in institutions providing residential care to children;
- professional public, general public.
First phase of the project "Children and Youth at Risk in the Zlin Region" has been finalised. This Project's phase focused on analysis of the current situation in the field of Social and Legal protection of Children in the Zlin Region and development of Specific Transformation plans. These have been developed in three selected institutions in the Zlin Region, namely in Dětské centrum Zlín, Kojenecké a dětské centrum Valašské Meziříčí and Dětský domov a Základní škola Liptál. On July 6, 2016, Final Conference summarising the 1st Project phase took place. The Keynote at the Conference was given by Tatiana Valentová Nersesjan, member of the Zlin Regional Board, who is responsible for Social Affairs. Participants to the Conference had the chance to learn all about the project's development as well as about its outputs. The transformation plans were presented by Teams from each individual institution. A Press Release is available from HERE http://www.kr-zlinsky.cz/ve-zlinskem-kraji-nebudou-deti-do-tri-let-umistovany-do-ustavu-aktuality-13239.html.
The project is currently in its 2nd phase, which is going to last until April 2017.
Ing. Martin Prusenovský, project manager; tel.: +420 577 043 848, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mgr. Helena Miklová, odborný koordinátor projektu, tel: +420 577 043 312, email: email@example.com